On 11/2/05, greg wm <tclug at greatlakedata.com> wrote:

> so if on google video folks would need a special client from google, but
> no such for Internet Archive?

Google video no longer requires a plugin aside from flash, which most
people have installed anyway.

> if we then mentioned it in our eNewsletter (15000 eSubscribers), would
> Internet Archive's bandwidth be likely to cope with the number of folks
> that might want to go see it?

I'm not sure about the Internet Archive, but I'm certain Google
wouldn't even flinch at this amount of bandwidth.

> right now what we've got is a 10min DVD.  what kind of online formats
> should i consider converting that into?

You'll have to rip the DVD and transcode it into another format -
possibly DivX?  There are a ton of tutorials on how to do this at
http://doom9.net/.

> similar question for audio formats, we've also got a 10min audio
> interview, which could perhaps go on our own site, or perhaps archive.org.

MP3 would work fine I'd think.