Brock,

Installing ssh keys on 400 hosts might be a good amount
of work, but it doesn't really involve "installing" anything
but a directory and a file under your home directory on those
boxes. The upside is that no password information goes
onto the wire when you use keys (unless they are served
via NFS or some other network file system), and you can
use ssh-agent to store your credentials instead of rolling
your own solution.

Just my 2 cents,

Troy

>>> brockn at gmail.com 05/24/05 9:18 AM >>>
I work for a large corporation and there is about 2200 boxes in my
environment alone. Since I don't work for the UNIX team I cannot
install things on the boxes, because I am just a user. This includes
keys for authentication. The password will NOT be stored in the
script.

I am writing some scripts for my own personal use that I want to be
able to go out to say 400 boxes and then run some command. Since I
have the same username and password, I plan on writing a script which
asks for them once and then stores them, in a variable - only
temporarily, for all of the boxes.

Expect will work GREAT! Thanks for the help!