On Friday 20 May 2005 15:49, Brock Noland wrote:
> Wow thats alot of modules!! I am not familiar with Debian distributions, is
> that normal to load nearly everything as a module? I am a Gentoo guy.

It's standard practice in distros now to load modules (as the autoloading
capabilities work well now) for everything - it's the solution between
supporting everything and having a gigantic kernel image and requiring
rebuilds.

> > 0000:06:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps
> > Wireless Interface
> > Subsystem: Linksys: Unknown device 0033
> > Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
> > Memory at 10c20000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
> > Memory at 10c00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> > Capabilities: <available only to root>

I used to run that card in my desktop (the D-link variety) - but I never could
get it to work - the driver was really immature at that point.  If you're not
using WPA, you should try the ndiswrapper driver.  I was quite hesitant to
use ndiswrapper for my wireless card (broadcom harvested from a dead WRT54G),
but it works phenominally well.

> > acx_pci 134816 0

you have the 'native' driver loaded - so any information about what's going on
should be in the kernel log (run dmesg)

what does the kernel log say about what's happening?

--
-dave

Dave Carlson <thecubic at thecubic.net>

PGP/GPG Fingerprint:
C3D0 9962 1E98 B742 132D  0E1A CE11 7C4B 5309 97A7
(visit http://www.gnupg.org for more information)