This is probably the wrong place to ask.. but does anyone know of any
jobs in the area (it doesn't have to be computer related, I'm just
looking for a wage-type job or something that will hold my interest)?
(email me if you know of any decent places, I am currently a web
developer but it bores me out of my mind, I currently live in
Shoreview)...

and.. so my post isn't a total loss, I will make the topic now more
linux related(hopefully this sort of question hasn't been asked
before)...

how is it you got involved in Linux?

for me, I was doing various server stuff over SSH.. it helped me gain
some rather basic skills so then I eventually installed a distro for
permanent desktop usage.