On Thursday 05 May 2005 11:51, Brady Hegberg wrote:
> Does anybody on this list do a lot of graphics on their Linux box?  I
> have a graphic I've been working on using OpenOffice.org draw and it
> comes out looking like crap.  It looks fine when I pull it up in OOo but
> when I export it to PDF or JPG it comes out with jaggies and artifacts
> in both the background and the text.
>
> Can anyone suggest another program that can generate PDFs or an idea
> what might be causing the problem?

There's a vector drawing application that should at least be more friendly to
vector graphics (and I'm pretty sure it has a PDF output):
http://www.inkscape.org/

There's also another one called sodipodi (www.sodipodi.com), but it's not as
mature as inkscape.
--
-dave

Dave Carlson <thecubic at thecubic.net>

PGP/GPG Fingerprint:
C3D0 9962 1E98 B742 132D  0E1A CE11 7C4B 5309 97A7
(visit http://www.gnupg.org for more information)