On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:04:52 -0600, David Alitz
<david.alitz at earthlink.net> wrote:
> The last time I checked, callers can
> do everything but close the sale over the phone without having to
> subscribe to the national do-not-call list and maintain their own
> listings.

Remember the Minnesota do-not-call list?  I put my number on that list
and began getting many more calls.  One fellow explained that the list
saved him lots of trouble because he called straight off the list, but
since he was not trying to close the sale, it was OK.  I called the
Minnesota AG's office and complained mightily.

Now I am getting lots of calls that are not preceeded by a live
operator as required by law--or did that law change too?