On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 02:37:07PM -0600, Adam Maloney wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Jim Crumley wrote:
>
> >Have you used TivoToGo with Linux much?  I have got no problem
>
> Not at all, actually.  I did see a patch for mplayer that is supposed to
> let you play the encrypted files, when I get more time I'm going to play
> with it.  No idea if it works or not.

As far as I can tell that patch deals only with .ty files that you
grab directly off of a (hacked) TiVo, not the slightly
differently encrypted .TiVo ones that TiVoToGo gives you.  From what I
have read, the improtant parts of that patch were integrated into
mainline mplayer.  That might help explain why mplayer can almost
play .TiVo files - it gets roughly half of the picture, though no
audio when I try it. It looks like someone who knew what they were
doing could probably fix the rest of pretty easily.
Unfortunately, I am clueless in the audio/video area myself.