On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:11:36AM -0600, Jim Crumley wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:44:47AM -0600, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> > My wife won a Tivo that can record 40 hours of TV, my first reaction was
> > "So who wants to watch TV".
> > I like books, researching, and learning, without cable there is not much
> > of anything worth staring at.
> >
> > I also found that I would have to sign up for a service that would cost
> > $13 every month or $300 for a life time.
> > LOLROF  I can't imagine why I would pay either price!
>
> I am a long time TiVo owner and I, like Adam, suggest you give it
> a try.

As am I.  I bought mine in 2000 and wouldn't want to live without one.
You'll have a hard time finding people who own TiVos that don't like
them.  Please give it a try for a few months.  If you don't like it, you
should be able to sell it quite easily.

<plug> When you activate it enter "tivo at refried.org" as your referral.</plug>

Nate