Kevin Crowston wrote:
> I noticed your posting to the list on 9 Dec. I'm having exactly the same problem and wondered if you ever figured out a solution. I didn't see a followup on the list though...
>
> Kevin Crowston
> Syracuse University                            Phone:  +1 (315) 443-1676
> School of Information Studies                    Fax:    +1 (866) 265-7407
> 348 Hinds Hall                                Web:    http://crowston.syr.edu/
> Syracuse, NY   13244-4100   USA

I'm posting this to the list since you at least found the question here,
the answer might as well be archived with it.

Here's what I did.  Download the hptr100 driver from the Highpoint
support website:

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/BIOS%20+%20Driver/hpt370/Linux/hpt3xx-opensource-v2.0.tgz

Warning, this is not a well built tar file, extract it in an empty
directory, or be forced to clean up the mess.

Read the readme.txt and compile the driver.  You'll need support for
scsi hard drives in your kernel (included or as a mod).  You will also
have to disable the hpt34x and hpt366 drivers in the kernel, or add a
"hdx=noprobe" to your grub/lilo configs for each of the drives attached
to the card.

Once everything is done, you can do a "insmod ./hptr100.o" or "insmod
./hptr100.ko" depending on your kernel and the driver will be loaded.
Then just mount the drives as scsi drives (sda1 instead of hda1).  If
you don't know what the drives will be, check /proc/partitions for the
available list.

I have mine set up to run a script at boot to load the driver and mount
the drives.  This makes it easy to take out in case I'm doing stuff to
my kernel or working on new ones.  You probably don't need the KVER
lines below, but I'll keep it in just for fun.

#!/bin/bash
KVER=`grep -o "[^ ]*smp" /proc/version`
insmod "/lib/modules/$KVER/extra/hptr100.ko"
#insmod /usr/src/r100/hptr100.ko
mount /dev/sda1 /archives/dvds1
mount /dev/sdb1 /archives/dvds2

I admit I haven't done anything with RAID setups with this card, but I'm
assuming that now that you have access to the block devices (sda, sdb,
etc...) you can handle all the RAID/LVM stuff from there and it should
be pretty simple.

Hope this helps