> well yes, albeit 4 port switches. I was thinking I could go 4 floors
> at a time hooked into one AP but that would still leave 6 NAT gateways
> (better than 35 for sure)

Actually, 5 ports, if you change some nvram settings you can set up the
WAN to operate as an additional LAN port...

> Plus the Pre-N APs don't appear to have bridging capability.

I'm confused, are you using AP's, or are you using routers? AP's should
be bridging by definition. I don't see any Pre-N AP's listed on Belkin's
site...

I know the stock 7230 firmware supports an AP mode. Have you made sure
you have the latest firmware? Apparently the earlier Pre-N firmware was
missing a lot of stuff that was later added.

If they're routers, even without an AP mode, they should be bridging
between the wireless and the LAN anyway. Just leave the WAN link
hanging, hook them all together through a LAN port, give them all fixed
LAN IP's, and disable DHCP serving. Then put a PC on the LAN network,
serving up a 10.x.0.0/16 network via DHCP and providing the WAN
connection.

... That should theoretically work. The key is being able to disable
DHCP serving so the PC can serve up a /16 network. And the routers
probably need to have STP enabled, which I think the 7230's do...