On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:07:04 -0600, Steve Swantz
<aintboeingaintgoing at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since ethernet only requires 4 wires and cat5 comes with 8, can you
> wire two jacks from one cable, using two twisted pairs to each jack,
> or are there any interference/performance issues involved?

This is definitely possible, as we have recently had to do this at
work in a few places.  (don't ask...it's one of the ramifications of
working in a 100+ year old building).

Anwyays - it works great.  I can't remember the exact pinouts right
now, but I'll go grab one of the cables we made and get back to you
with the pinouts.

-Erik