On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, greg wm wrote:
> so far we have postfix/saslauthd/courier-imap working, so far so good.
> but, about the spam..
>
> according to what i have read so far, i can invoke spamassassin from a
> postfix filter, which can choose to reject.
>
> or i can invoke from procmail or maildrop, which can make use of user
> prefs.
>
> but not both?
>
> what i've read so far leaves me with the impression this is difficult in
> postfix, and if i'm intent on it i need to switch to exim.  it that
> true?

A few comments on this:

- With Exim, you should be able to hack up the calls to spamd to pass the
  proper username to spamd. I'm not quite sure what's required to make
  this work, but the Exiscan documentation should be helpful.

- I'd imagine this is also possible with Postfix, since it appers to use
  spamc for it's calls to SpamAssassin. If you don't get a response on
  this list, I'd try the postfix list.

- I've patched up Mimedefang to support reading per-user preferences out
  of an LDAP database, which could easily be extended to support a SQL
  backend. The info is available here:

  http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/mimedefang-ldap-prefs.php

  Mimedefang is a Milter app, so Sendmail is a requirement.