Linux is not UNIX.

Linux is the Kernel everything else is a tool added to make the Kernel
user-friendly ;-D.

Sense pictures are worth 1000 words and most technical people don't have the
time it would take to describe shell commands totaling 1,000,000 words a day.
X-windows was created to limit the number of questions asked about shell
commands so non techies could do work on computers and not cause telephone
shell shock for techies. Keep in mind X-windows code is all text :-)  X-windows
is a tool or a bunch of tools.

All that and UNIX was developed buy ATT Labs and Linux was developed by Linus.

That and we all know OSS is the most powerful thing on earth >:-) OSS has
launched business, conversations, fights, laws, and a lot of stress for M$,
SCO, NetWare, and other folks.

I can change (it wouldn't work) Linux code. I cannot change UNIX code (it
wouldn't work). In the long run, Linux is freedom of expression even if it
doesn't work. Where UNIX is a prison that wouldn't work anyway...

So Linux and UNIX are not the same.

Sam.