On 3/9/05 10:03 PM, "Bob Tanner" <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:

> Googling for 'Segmentation fault fsck' show many problem trees.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/blinux-list/1998-June/msg00047.html
>
> That similar to what you are seeing?

Looks similar, but I think we're hosed anyway. I managed to boot off of a
rescue CD and fsck everything. Despite coming back clean from fsck, the
system still segfaults. Luckily I can mount the partitions manually and we
should be able to pull everything off the system without too much trouble.

I'm having trouble getting a couple of the server's daemons running though.
Postgres came up fine so I did a dump of all the current databases. (That's
just to prevent losing the transactions from yesterday that occurred after
the nightly backup.) But we also have some MySQL DBs on the system. I'd like
to do the same, but I can't get MySQL started. It fails silently and simply
says to check the syslog. There's no help in there that I can see.

Any suggestions? Would there be another daemon that needs to be started
before mysqld can run? BTW, this is a Dell 1750 running Debian.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA