On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Nate Straz wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 10:11:25PM -0600, Mike Miller wrote:
>> So, GNU's Not UNIX, but is Linux UNIX?  Why or why not?
>
> I see you haven't been paying any attention to the SCO vs IBM fiasco.
> Perhaps you need to read up on Groklaw.

I have read about that suit, but maybe I didn't understand it.  The suit
was about UNIX code that belonged to SCO getting into the Linux kernel.
They may have been lying.  How does this relate to the question of whether
Linux would meet the criteria for a UNIX operating system?  Is UNIX
defined by particular lines of code, or is it defined by functionalty?

I suppose the answers are all here somewhere...

http://www.unix.org/

Mike