the Guh-Nome part i was pretty sure about, though that is helpful.

I remember reading about it in some Linux mag. Stallman basically said
anything starting with gnu should be GUH-NU-whatever.
hard to do though, espcially around casual linux users... they look at
 you funny, and you feel compelled to explain, and then you end up
looking like a bit of jerk.. (at least i seem to...)

Oh, and Suse,,, that one is like Dr. Suess, not Suzy.... since we are
expanding the list.