On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:04:33 -0600, Nick Traxler <ntraxler at usfamily.net> wrote:
> So, I'm using 256kbit DSL through Qworst and I really feel a need for
> speed - does anyone with cable modem have a preference between Road
> Runner or Earthlink? I think they're both 3Mbit down. (They didn't say
> what the upload is - anyone know offhand?) I'm in Uptown MPLS, so
> thankfully I don't have to endure Comcast.

What's wrong with Qwest?  I've been using their services for well over
13 years, and have had very few problems.  Probably no more than two
or three that I can recall.  Service calls from them has been quick
(underground phone line went bad).

In regards to your other questions:

Cable uploads is I think 384.  But, before you switch to cable, why
not consider what your usage is going to be in regards to hosting.  Do
your needs fit within their user agreements?

Then again, you probably don't want to know anything about the
$9.99/mo high speed DSL service with Qwest....

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..