So, I'm using 256kbit DSL through Qworst and I really feel a need for
speed - does anyone with cable modem have a preference between Road
Runner or Earthlink? I think they're both 3Mbit down. (They didn't say
what the upload is - anyone know offhand?) I'm in Uptown MPLS, so
thankfully I don't have to endure Comcast.

Along with the faster net access, I'll be dropping my home phone, so
Huzzah! Soon I get to celebrate my liberation from Qwest and their
crappy-ass web payment page. (Stupid thing always thinks I typed the
wrong password.)

Also, does the service give you a public IP? I don't care if it's static
or dynamic, as long as I can access it from outside.

Finally, can you use your own cable modem with the service? I prefer a
standalone bridging modem so I can use my choice of router/access point.

Thanks for the tips,
Nick

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---