Hi all,

I have a mythtv box in my living room now, and I love it.  Except that
some of the dvd movies that I rip tend to have very loud volumes mixed
with very soft speaking.  And sometimes theres a movie that I have to
blast the volume on to hear anything.  I was wondering if there is
anything short of re-ripping the dvds and applying several audio filters
that could help.  Re-ripping isn't that big a deal, but the idea of
spending hours per movie making sure that backgrounds don't drown out
the foregrounds is somewhat overwhelming.  Is there any kind of audio
filter that I can put in place that will scale the volume so it stays in
a certain range?  Never getting too quiet, yet never too loud?  Or is
there some easy way to fix the really bad ones so when I notice that the
audio on one file is bad, I can fun something to fix the file?

Thanks all,
Chris Frederick