If you add "Try_TLS:<mailserver address>     NO" to the access file in the
sendmail directory and rebuild the access.db file, sendmail will stop trying
to use TLS to the listed mail server. I had to use this with usa.net smtp
server. The usa.net server will do TLS if you pay extra for that service. I
don't send enough mail to make that economical.

Joseph Key