I was undergoing my second woody->sarge upgrade -
after the upgrade was complete I rebooted to find the
LILO error code "LI".

>From googling I guess this means:

"The first stage boot loader was able to load the
second stage boot loader, but has failed to execute
it. This can either be caused by a geometry mismatch
or by moving /boot/boot.b  without running the map
installer."

I'm not sure why this happened, the release notes
didn't seem to mention anything needing to change for
the boot loader.  I don't have a boot floppy for this
box (shame on me, I know) so I'm downloading knoppix.
I also don't have a CD drive (though I guess I could
find one somewhere...) so I'm making a boot floppy
from Knoppix.  My hope is that I can boot up this
floppy and re-run / reinstall lilo to fix this issue.

Anyone with experience with this problem have any
other pointers?  I'd love to avoid re-installing
everything, I do have backups of all the config files,
but it's still a pain.

Thanks,

Josh

Discover Yahoo!