While that certainly is an option, I didn't need it last time... so unless
that was some fluke, I'm going to try different floppy diskettes and keep
plugging away.

I mean, the floppies are there pretty much for the express purpose of
getting Linux on older machines. If it doesn't work for me (and I do
consider myself pretty knowledgeable about installing OSes and the
hardware I have), it's not going to work for a lot of people.

Chris