On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 at 01:22PM -0500, dan wrote:
> Hmmm, I think I'll go with ClamAV. Unfortunately, freshclam isn't
> installable in unstable right now because of a dependency problem.
> I'll work on that tonight a bit.

I added testing to my apt sources, which pulled in the needed
dependency. I've got ClamAV and Exim playing very nicely with each
other. It's rejected about 5-10 virus-laden emails already.

For others that may want to get ClamAV and Exim working on Debian, there
are easy instructions at any of the following three places:

  http://ursine.ca/Rejecting_Viruses_The_Right_Way
  http://koivi.com/exim4-config

They are all minor modifications on the same idea. It took a bit of
futzing around, but I got it all working.

(Sorry Chad, I'm not using clamsmtp, but I'm sure it's just as easy as
above.)

Thanks to those who gave me advice.

Dan

--