On 7/20/05, jimstreit at northlans.com <jimstreit at northlans.com> wrote:
> I'm using MRTG to monitor some routers and switches, it rocks.  I now want to
> use MRTG to monitor the network traffic of 2 Suse 9.0 boxes that each have 2
> NIC?s and are acting as routers.
>
> I have ucd-snmp installed on the Suse 9.0 boxes, and the snmpd service running,
> but MRTG isn?t finding anything to report on.
>
> I?ve searched Google but I haven?t found anything to help me yet, and it
> looks like I?ve got things setup correctly (but obviously don?t).  Does
> anyone know how my snmpd.conf file should look to be able to monitor just the
> NIC?s?

This is what my snmp.conf looks like: (view in fixed-width font, please)
----
com2sec <user>       default         public
group   <group>      v1              <user>
view    all             included        .1      80
access  <group>      "" any noauth exact all write none
----

As you guessed, replace <user> and <group> with your desired names.
This will give read-only access to the entire MIB for clients that
authenticate w/ "public" as the community string.

-Erik