On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 10:08:48PM -0500, Wayne Johnson wrote:
> I recently upgraded my DSL to the new 1.5Mb service from Qwest.  It required
> me to upgrade the modem to the Actiontec.  Not sure I like it.
>
> First off, whenever I tried to run bittorrent to download the latest FC4
> test image, it would lock up the modem after an hour or so.  Turns out I
> need to manually set some of the netfilter parameters to limit the amount of
> memory the net table will eat up.  See
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13388402?hilite=actiontec+telnet
>
> Anyone know a way to make this permement?

Neat, my actiontec runs linux!  Learn something new everyday.
You could make an expect script to do the telnet/commands from a server.
The device contains /sbin/reboot which could be handy.

If you really wanted to save it in the device:
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/ActiontecGT701

Heres what my GT701-WG looks like:
# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 4KEc V4.8
BogoMIPS                : 149.91

# cat /proc/meminfo
        total:    used:    free:  shared: buffers:  cached:
Mem:  14983168 14282752   700416        0  1560576  5165056

# cat /proc/mounts
/dev/mtdblock/0 / squashfs ro 0 0
none /dev devfs rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
ramfs /var ramfs rw 0 0

# ls /lib/modules
2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le  ar0700xx.bin