Ok - I got a buddy who wants to limit his daughters online time ...
in his words:

"...I want to limit im time, see all im messages to and from, see all
emails, and see all websites visited

She's caught on to most of our checking up tricks, and puts the
computer back online with ipconfig /renew...."

He was checking into key stroke loggers - software to run on the
computer where he could later check all text in IM and Web
browsing....

I suggested putting the computer in a high traffic area - so that
everyone knows when anyone is online - also suggested removing the
power cord during offline times.

I also mentioned setting up something like ipcop where he could run a
proxy like squid and block stuff etc....

Any other suggestions or software recommendations ?