On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:49:04 -0600
Ryan O'Rourke <tclug at ryanorourke.org> wrote:

> Can someone please explain to me why it might be preferential to
> have  the default set to reply only to an individual and not to the
> entire  list?

Here are two oposing views on the subject:

and a reply:

http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

Any MUA worth the trouble (like mine - Sylpheed!) should recognize a
mailing list email and allow configuration of it's reply options or
automatically set the reply-to to go to the list address.

I've received three replies to my recent posts that were sent directly
to me though so I can see how this change is causing some confusion
for other members of the list.

Josh