Hello,

Last night as I was rebooting from Linux into WindowsXP, the
machine locked up (in XP). I have pressed the power button for 5
seconds and it went to sleep. For. Ever. No amount of plugging or
unplugging of various boards and cables could bring it back.

I do suspect the motherboard: an ASUS A7V600 conveniently just out of
warranty. But I have no proof ;(

I need a kind and trusty soul that has a working AMD (Socket 472) machine
and is willing to let me test my hypothesis by swapping/exchanging the power
supply and possibly the CPU. Sounds like a fun weekend project, eh?

Thank you,
florin

--

Don't question authority: they don't know either!