I haven't been following Zope development for some time, but I do read
posts to Python Planet and python-dev.  There is a new interface
standard called Python Web Server Gateway Interface v1.0 [1]_ that
should help with passing information between different Python servlets
and application servers.  It's a very loosely coupled interface, which
might help detangle the spaghetti code and tightly integrated
dependencies that some application servers seem to have.

For those developing with Python, you should definitely take a look at
the PEP 333.

.. [1] http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0333.html

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/