On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 04:08:53AM -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Oh dear god the new list seems to be reply-to-author by default?

*resisting the urge to start yet another reply-to-list-considered-
(harmful|helpful) argument*

Suffice to say that, while it may not be following your preference,
it is following the preference of many other people.  I doubt there
will ever be agreement on this one until all MUAs have separate reply
to sender/reply to list/reply to all functions - and even that won't
make it go away completely.

> Mailing lists are still an immense outdated kludge.

How so?  In what ways do you consider them to be flawed/kludgy?  I've
never really had any problems with them as a user and, as a list
admin/moderator, the only thing that comes to mind is all the people
who ask me to (un)subscribe them even when the instructions on how to
(un)subscribe themselves are staring them in the face.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that