If this is going to be a secondary drive then you should be fine since
Linux doesn't care and there are free utilities for older version of
windows that can't already handle it.
If this is going to replace your drive then you could probably easily
get around this by formating the drive carefully.
Put the /boot partition first (20MB just for the hell of it) and format
around that.
Windows will reside in the <8GB level (or the <30GB level) and linux can
be installed wherever.

What are your plans?  Replace your primary drive or use it as a big a**
storage drive?

sim