On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:20:32 -0600, Ben Bargabus <ben_b at ppdonline.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the off topic post but I remember reading a bit about this at
> some point and I'm fairly sure it was on this list.  I'm getting a
> little sick of my $120/month phone bills and was thinking about going to
> Vonage to cut that back a bit.  I seem to remember someone here posting
> that you can have Qwest DSL without having Qwest phone service, is that
> [still] true?  Looking at my itemized bill from Qwest I have the
> following items...
>
> Digital Subscriber Line Res - $14.95
> Qwest Choice DSL Dlx - $28.00
> Caller ID - $6.95
> Line-backer Inside Wire Repair Plan - $4.75
> Voice Messaging - $6.95
> Qwest.net Internet Services - $21.95
> [Misc local fees] - $13.52
> [Misc AT&T fees] - $10.79
> [long distance tax and surcharge] - $1.82

I have Qwest as my phone and DSL/ISP.  Here's a breakdown of the phone charges:

Basic Services (line 1):       .18
2-Line custom choice:     39.95
Basic Services (line 2):       .18
Qwest Chioce DSL-DLX:  28.00
Qwest.net Basic-DSL        9.95   (No e-mail, no webpage.  Just connection)
Static IP-Block of 8          14.95
[Misc. Fed/state fees]      19.35
Long distance charges:    22.19

Total:                            134.79

I could save money by going down to a single phone line, and by
switching to DHCP instead of static IP's.

Look into Qwest's "Basic-DSL".  It'll save you some money.
Personally, I haven't had more than a handfull of problems with Qwest.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..