On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Ben Bargabus wrote:

> Sorry for the off topic post but I remember reading a bit about this at
> some point and I'm fairly sure it was on this list.  I'm getting a
> little sick of my $120/month phone bills and was thinking about going to
> Vonage to cut that back a bit.

Are you making international calls?  I dumped my landline two years ago
and I haven't looked back.  I have a nice Sprint phone and I pay $50/mo
for service including free calling after 7:00 pm on weekdays and all
weekend (7:00 pm Friday to 7:00 am Monday).  In addition, I get 500
minutes per month on weekdays.  People think my phone sounds fine.  I
don't have voicemail at home to check and people know how to find me.  I
have never gone over on minutes.  They probably have an even better deal
by now.

My only reason for a landline would be for use with my DirecTiVo, but that
actually works without phone after installation (I guess I miss software
updates and pay-per-view).  For installation, I ran a 50' phone cord to my
neighbor's house!  That did it.

Mike