A good friend of mine is in the Navy, He works on the USS Vincent, he
does electronic tech work on helicopters.
The lasers they have on the Helicopters will burn very fast but you wont
know it until some time later. Blindness is almost instant with these
lasers. They wear special eye protection for obvious reasons.
They have a doctor on the ship that has had special training on laser
burns. In the training the doctor gives he says, It burns very deep,
very quickly, causing muscle damage in only moments.

I guess the laser to guide a missile or gun is a little different =-O

Sam.