On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:29:20 -0600 (CST), Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> >  So modify the fstab to mount by device rather than label, then mount
> > the RAID partitions somewhere in /mnt and copy the files over that you
> > need.
>
> Here is fstab. Do you know how I would mount by device? I made a few stabs
> at it before, but did not get it to work.

What I would do is boot up with only drive 3 in there, and once
everything is up, type "mount" to see which devices are mounted to
which mount points.  Then edit your fstab to reflect those device
names.  If mount doesn't give you the info you need (I don't remember,
when you mounted the partition by label, does it still tell you what
device is mounted?) you can always list the disk's partitions in
fdisk.
My guess, though, is that / and /boot are /dev/cciss/c0d0p0 and
/dev/cciss/c0d0p1, maybe not in that order.  Tragically, in all the
time I've been using SmartArrays, I've never used them under linux, so
I really don't know how the devices get labeled.

--
Justin Kremer <justin.kremer at gmail.com>
"The best advice I can give you is not to trust the state for anything."