Here are some readouts from my Linux box. Maybe some of these
settings are interfering in one form or another. I still get the
exact same error - ssh_init: Connection timed out.
I have tried all suggestions. Thank you all for your patience. I
really appreciate it. I will get this issue resolved . . . soon!

Last night I went through some settings on Linux, and listed
anything I found that might be important.
In YAST, under a host name and name server configuration menu, it
says my host name is LINUX and my domain name is "local". It then
lists domain search lists and name servers. All are blank.

Current hosts listed in YAST are:

IP Add.        Name          Alias
127.0.0.1      localhost
192.168.1.1    WINBOX        Grafxbox
192.168.1.2    LINUX.local   LINUX

Then it lists some rather odd ip addresses.
::1             localhost     ipv6-localhost (somethin, somethin)
fe00:0
ff00:0

Putty launches but it still gives a "connection timed out" error.

Also, what is an NIS Client? Do I need this? Should I care?

I'm technically about THIS close (show fingers) to asking someone to
come out and fix the prob for me for a small fee, but I figure I can
learn more if I can do it myself. But like I've said before, I've
got a ton of important info on my Linux box that's basically stuck
there. So several projects are waiting on my lack of networking
abilities!
Thanks again for all your help, people!

Sincerely,
Nick Scholtes