On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 12:17 -0600, Jason Sievert wrote:
> I think I might have answered my own question.  This drive is from my
> laptop which is a Athlon XP 64bit.  The laptop is in the shop and I am
> trying to get the data off of it.  I am trying to mount it on a variety
> of different computers, all x86.  Is their a difference in the way a
> file system is written that would prevent me from mounting it on a x86
> box if it was created on a 64bit OS?  Sorry about being so short before
> but I was running late for work.

Possibly, and its likely a bug. I know squashfs hit a bug like this:

"All releases of Squashfs prior to 2.0 generate incorrect filesystems on
amd64 machines.  Filesystems created on amd64 machines work correctly on
amd64 machines, but cannot be mounted on non-amd64 machines. Likewise,
filesystems created on non-amd64 machines cannot be mounted on amd64
machines.  This bug is caused by the different size of the "time_t"
definition used in SquashFS filesystem structures."