Thanks to everyone for the help regarding the LVM on RAID question I
had the other day.  There's another issue with it that I'm trying to
resolve, and that is getting the RAID5 to initialize on startup.

Problem history review:

Originally, it was a RAID0 (not my design) and converted to RAID5
(yay!) after the owners suffered a disk failure.  On bootup, all other
RAID devices initialize.  However, this RAID5 doesn't.

>From my understanding, this line in the /etc/raidtab is required for
it to be read and initialized on bootup:

persistent-superblock       1

Again, here's the /etc/raidtab relevant info:

raiddev             /dev/md4
raid-level                  5
nr-raid-disks               3
chunk-size                  64k
persistent-superblock       1
parity-algorithm            left-symmetric
nr-spare-disks              0
    device          /dev/sdc1
    raid-disk     0
    device          /dev/sdd1
    raid-disk     1
    device          /dev/sde1
    raid-disk     2

After bootup, I can initialize the /dev/md4 device and then mount
filesystems by hand and it works.  If I wanted to, I could throw it
into the rc.local script, but that's a hack and not the way I want to
do it.

I do have a call into RH for support on this, however, they're being
extremely slow to respond...   I've googled this, but so far am not
finding much that's helpful.

Further thoughts?

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..