Don't forget the people that have staked their careers on M$ have also
bought M$ stock and want that stock to be more valuable.  Why would they
let people bring anything else in to the work place.

IBM on the other hand wants to win everything no mater what the product.

As a past IBM employee, I had to have 3 wins every quarter to show that
I was making IBM money. I constantly had to prove that I was being
productive. Not only in my work but in the time I spent at work.
IBM requires a minimum of 48 hours every week (every week).

I would work circles around other people and I still had to put in 48
hours every week. The measure is unfair to the people that can work
faster and produce more results then other employees. I would end up
doing other peoples work just to keep my hours up. But that is the way
IBM wants it, and that's why I left. Why should I pickup the the slack
from slackers?

So you see if you blame M$ for all the bad in the industry without
looking at the full view of the industry you are missing the truth.  IBM
looks good to the Linux community now but if Linux is not profitable,
IBM will drop Linux like a hot potato.

BTW M$ had the most productive quarter ever I don't think M$ is going
anywhere.

Sam.