Anyone know how, using VLC, to record a stream to a file (say an ogg)?

I'm a big fan of MPR's new station, 89.3 the Current, and use VLC to
listen to their aacPlus stream.  (Using the latest VLC 0.8.1 on Ubuntu
Warty, downloaded the debs from Ubuntu Hoary).

I've googled around quite a bit today without any luck, and have been
playing with VLC for almost 2 hours trying to record the stream to a
file but no joy (but I'm now a master of making VLC crash!).  I've tried
just about every way to save a stream, transcoding, saving to a raw
file, but I'm just guessing at the settings.

89.3 is doing an interview with Matt Wilson of Semisonic fame today at
5, and playing some of his new music.  I was hoping to capture an ogg of
it but darned if I can figure it out.

If anyone has any hints, tips, tricks or links, I'd be grateful.

Paul