On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Nick wrote:

> Typed: less /etc/ssdh_config
> Said: No such file or directory

Try /etc/ssh/sshd_config and /usr/local/etc/sshd_config and
/usr/local/etc/ssh/sshd_config.  But I don't think it's an SSH
configuration issue.  The only thing I could think of is if it's refusing
to start the session because of DNS.

> I typed: find / sshd
> It said: no such file or directory

find / -name "sshd"
But I don't think it's an SSH issue

> Typed "telnet 192.168.1.2 22"
> It said:  Connected to 192.168.1.2
> Escape character is 'ctrl ]'
> SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.7.1p2

Okay, this proves sshd is running, and listening on the 192.168.1.2
interface.  The fact that you get the connection timed out message still
points to a firewall issue or DNS.

> Typed: tcpdump -n src host 192.168.1.1
> Said: Command not found.

tcpdump probably isn't installed by default.  Oh well.

> On Windows -
> Typed: arp -a 192.168.1.2
> Said: No ARP entries found

Do this within a few minutes of pinging the Linux box, and see if it shows
up.  Also try just "arp -a" without specifying the IP, and see what else
is listed.  If you can ping 192.168.1.2, it should definately be showing
up there.

Heck, send us the output from these commands on Windows:

arp -a     (<-- ping 192.168.1.2 first)
ipconfig /all
netstat -rn

And you can prove whether it's DNS or not by editing /etc/hosts on Linux
and adding a line:

192.168.1.1	windows

Then try pscp again.