DeBeau at aol.com wrote:
> I have a dual boot program (GRUB) on my hard drive to boot Fedora or
> Windows XP. I recently upgraded the System board, CPU and RAM. Now the
> system does not go to the GRUB program but announces that it finds no
> boot sector and suggests that it be booted from "A" drive.
> How do I get it back to GRUB?

1. Boot from a grub floppy (if you can remember the partition names)
   http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Creating-a-GRUB-boot-floppy.html#Creating%20a%20GRUB%20boot%20floppy

2. On a separate working computer connected to the net burn
   a "Recovery Is Possible" Disk (or floppy)
   http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

   Log on as root (no passwd)
   Look at your partitions (assuming this is an IDE/ATA disk on the primary
   controller):
   # fdisk -l /dev/hda

   You may want to look at and/or make a backup of your menu.lst file
   (assume /boot is on /dev/hda3 for example, and this assumes
   you have a separate /boot partition)
   # mkdir /mnt/boot
   # mount -t ext2 /dev/hda3 /mnt/boot
   # cd /mnt/boot/grub
   # cp menu.lst menu.sav
   # more menu.lst

   Consider re-installing grub... (Note there is a slight bug with the RIP
   disk that you can workaround here):
   # ln -s /usr/share/grub /usr/lib/grub
   # grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/hda

Good luck!

--Tom