-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Josh Trutwin
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 10:00 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [tclug-list] Retention Braces for Slot 1 MOBO?

Hi,

I ordered a dual pIII board from eBay and seperately a matched pair
set of CPUs.  The board is missing the retention braces though for
mounting the CPUs so they kinda hang loose right now.  Does anyone
have any of these?

Also a general question.  This case has two fans mounted on the back,
both CPUs have a heat sink, but no fan attached directly to the CPU.
Is this enough cooling?  (933 Mhz PIII's)

Josh

I have an older style Gateway Solo. It is in a small case and originally had
just the power supply fan and a little hood to cool it. It did the job, but
I have seen some of these have motherboards fail. Not sure if it's due to
components being cheap or maybe a heating issue. I placed a fan & heatsink
on the processor to prevent any issues in my little computer and it's
working great. They are 1Ghz P3's.

So I'd recommended playing it safe and getting some decent cooling for your
processors. It should cost very much for some peace of mind.

Jason Reynolds