You will need to enable SSH as root but this is not a.... secure idea.
SSH as just a user, us "su" to gain root access.

If you open SSH up for root login be ready to have a some fun removing a rootkit
or re-installing Linux.

BTW... "it prints a bunch of info out" that "info" is very important to us when
we attempt to trouble shoot any problem.

Sam.