This is for my a768i phone.  Does anyone have any idea how I would go
about reading /dev/roflash?  I can't even cat it to a file.  However,
it's readable on boot, it has to be because it contains the root
filesystem according to this:

# cat /proc/roflash_info
ROFLASH Driver status: Ready

ROFLASH area name is rootfs
ROFLASH area size = 15728640 bytes
ROFLASH area offset = 1048576 bytes
ROFLASH area l_x_b(10)
ROFLASH area name is language
ROFLASH area size = 11141120 bytes
ROFLASH area offset = 5242880 bytes
ROFLASH area l_x_b(1000)
ROFLASH area name is setup
ROFLASH area size = 131072 bytes
ROFLASH area offset = 16384000 bytes
ROFLASH area l_x_b(1000)
#

Also /dev/mtd0 through /dev/mtd3 have info on them, but only 2 and 3
appear in /dev.  Any ideas how to work around this?  I tried mknod and
got an operation not permitted error.

Here are the mounted filesystems:
/dev/root on / type cramfs (rw)
none on /ram type ramfs (rw)
proc on /ram/proc type proc (rw)
/dev/roflash1 on /usr/language type cramfs (rw)
/dev/roflash2 on /usr/setup type cramfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
/dev/mtdblock2 on /ezxlocal type vfm (rw,noatime)
/dev/tffsa1 on /diska type ext3 (rw,noatime)

Only /ezxlocal and /diska are writeable, even though they all say (rw).