On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Josh Welch wrote:

> Quoting Nick <bellsoffreedom at animail.net>:
>
>> Okay. I was using rcp to push from Linux to Windows. As per
>> everyone's advice, I installed Putty and WinSCP on my windows
>> machine. I did "pscp -r blah blah blah" exactly as explained, from
>> my Win box. I'm certain my syntax was correct.

pscp does not allow you to push files from Linux to Windows.  It allows
you to pull files from Linux to Windows.

If you want to use scp on Linux to send files to a Windows machine, the
Windows machine must be running an ssh daemon.  To do that, I think you
need to run Cygwin and OpenSSH.  There might be another way, but I don't
know what it is.  It's good to run Cygwin anyway.

Mike