I've been reading a few large HTML files with a web browser and I'm really
wishing for a feature that I can't find in any tool after much searching
and testing of a multitude of readers and browsers.

What I want to do is save, not just the page as a bookmark, but the location
in the page.

Does anyone know of a browser or reader that does that either natively, or as
an extension or plugin?  Or failing that, is there a Javascript or Bookmarklet
solution that someone has heard of or used?

[yes, of COURSE I mean under Linux! :-)  ]

Gerry