On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 07:23:56PM -0600, Brian Hurt wrote:

> Or suggestions as to which one to buy to avoid having problems would be
> appreciated.  I'm looking to buy one in about a month or so, that will
> need to work with linux.

I'm happy with my HP 1610, $130.00 inkjet.  It's a copier/scanner/printer/
card-reader.  Got everything to work without much hassle.  It's a fairly
basic printer/scanner.  It's not the greatest for photo prints, but it's OK.
I was just happy that it had driver support for all the functionality.
The card reader just worked(better than my Sandisk).

HP does a reasonable job supporting Linux, unlike many of the vendors.
I've got another HP inkjet a few years old that has been working well.