Has anyone worked with Cisco ACNS devices, specifically versions of ACNS 5+ that
had Samba? I have some CE-560s that I upgraded the software to the latest build,
some time back, and noticed in a post on Cisco.com discussion board a topic on
Samba. I looked a little further in the CE device and sure enough Samba was
installed. But in the brief time I had looking in to this it seemed that all I
could share was the cache of a FQDN site. I found this out after trying to
create a basic Samba share failed.

Since that time I have had numerous other projects to deal with and have just
not had the time to mess with this anymore. It has been a few months so I am
sure a newer version of ACNS is available. What I am curious to know is it
possible to get just a basic directory shared on an ACNS? The one I have
available I do not intend at all to use as any type of content or proxy.

Any other uses that people have found for these? I figured since they do have
Linux installed someone must have been a bit curious to see how much they could
be altered for other uses.

Sean Waite
SBN Services
314 Clifton Avenue, Suite C201