> I also just had a thought.  A proxy cache is just a cache for temporary
> files.  They help speed up web access, but they really aren't all that
> important.  So if the file system corrupts itself, you can really
> just mkfs the partition and start over.  So the main benefit of a
> journaled file system, quick recovery, is negated.  So unless there is a
> performance difference, why not stick with ext2 for the proxy cache file
> system?
>
> Does this make sense to anyone that admins a squid proxy?  I have no
> experience in this area.

If you are using a squid server and are forcing everyone to use it,
then the journaled file system helps to get things up and running
again after a power outage or other events that require a fsck on the
volume. fsck on a large ext2 volume can keep your server tied up long
enough for mutiple users to knock on your door mutiple times.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue >0;